Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MS Project won't import MS Excel: Operation Failed

Problem:
When I attempted to import an MS Excel spreadsheet into MS Project, I was able to map each sheet to fields within MS Project; however, when I hit finished, I was getting an error "Operation Failed!" without any additional information.

Resolution:
After a quick Google, I found out that I needed to upgrade MS Project from SP2 to SP3. After successful installation, before you attempt to import another spreadsheet, be sure to open MS Project, go to "Tools" --> "Options" --> "Security" tab, and select the option to "Prompt when loading files with legacy or non default file format." or "Allow loading files with legacy or non default file formats."

Posted via Woodland Blog (http://dramse01.blogspot.com)

No comments: