Thursday, August 7, 2008

Belief in Software

I've always had this dream of creating my own business. However, I constantly agonize over what type of business it would be: certainly in technology... leaning more towards business than social networking... and certainly in software not hardware. But I have no idea what I want to build. Tons of ideas... just no idea which one to focus on.

So while that internal struggle continues... I love reading articles where software is the silver bullet. Software innovation is (and can always be) the change maker. Two examples of those who share my belief:

Bill Gates, Microsoft, quote: ""The thing that I'll, if you look inside my brain it's filled with software, you know, the magic of software and a belief in software, and that's not going to change."

John Fortt's Fortune blog saying Dell should first focus on software, not a new MP3 player, to challenge Apple's iPod market share.

No comments: